Confused about attending school in England

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Feb 27, 2011.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

So I applied at Northumbria University in Newcastle.

I just did my FAFSA and am sending it to all the schools, but I'm not sure if I send it to Northumbria or not?

I checked all over their website and they have no mention of financial aid or anything... does this mean I pay the full price of 10,150 pounds a semester?

And also, it says here that there are international scholarships, but does not say what I have to do or anything? So is it just a random scholarship or something? http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/brochure/international/fees/scholarships1011/

I am extremely confused but really want to go to Northumbria. Otherwise I think I might just go to University of Houston and just go study abroad there sometime or something.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

FAFSA is US related, not UK for one thing

I am not sure you could receive aide to attend a foreign school but is something to look into as I am often mistaken lol

3. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

Are you in high school or college now? If you're in college, I would suggest talking to financial aid at your school now. If you're in high school, have you tried the guidance department? If none of those, try emailing Northumbria. I just spent a semester abroad in England (Manchester to be exact) and I know the financial part of university is quite different than it is here.