Confused about future iPhone 4's...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bryanc28, Jul 16, 2010.

1. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

Ok, so I am not eligible for a new phone through AT&T until December. Are the iPhone 4's released for sale at that time going to be "fixed" or does one still need to get a phone with a bumper?:confused:

2. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Steve didn't really say what their plan is for future iPhone 4s and if they will try to fix the hardware. However, I find it interesting that they are only giving free bumpers until September 30th, and then seeing what to do from there. Maybe they'll do some hardware magic then?

3. fender57 macrumors 6502

Jobs said "maybe" when asked about the antennas on future i4s. He also added the September 30 free-case "deadline" would possibly be reevaluated at that time. I took that to mean they will keep looking at this issue and the situation will remain fluid. In general, it might be a healthy notion to just accept the i4 "as is" (which may include getting a bumper or case to go along with it), so you can make the personal decision whether you want to buy it now or just wait for the i5.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Except for the obviously defective batch (that some have returned for working ones), there's no fixing that needs to be done so it boils down to how good at&t is in your area.

5. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Didn't you listen to Steve?

There is nothing to fix.
    There is no defect.

It is a problem with smartphone antenna technology that effects every phone.

Also, I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you.

6. chembox macrumors 6502a

Steve wouldn't directly say he was planning to fix the antennas, although he hinted at it, otherwise people would return their iPhones and camp out waiting for the fixed batch.