Confused about iCloud Photo Sharing

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Pikeboarder, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Pikeboarder macrumors newbie

Hi all
    We upgraded to the 6's recently (from 4S). I didn't really take full advantage of the iCloud etc back then so I'm a newbie. I did set up photo sharing back then. Few questions as I'm confused with it.

1) I read that the pictures in my streams do not take any of my iCloud storage. So where are they kept? Are they taking memory on my phone? (I don't see them in my photos). Back on my 4S I moved photos to a stream then deleted them from my phone.

Question to Albums:
    1) Before I had all my pictures in the camera roll. I understand that iOS8 did away with that. In looking at my phone I see all my pictures in "Collections" separated by date. Is that the only way they're filed now? I liked it before when they were just all in my camera roll.

Thanks and sorry for asking trivial questions.

2. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

1) I believe your pictures are in the cloud, but don't count against your iCloud allowance.

2) I think this is the way your old camera roll pics are displayed now, I'm afraid. One user wrote he put all his old camera roll pics in an iCloud stream so they'd display the way they used to.