confused about iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by petalino, Oct 15, 2014.

1. petalino macrumors regular

I am trying to make my photo transfer from Iphone 4s to IMac easy, so I enabled ICloud on both devices.

Accessing iCloud on the Mac is very easy. I just go to www.Icloud.com and login.
    I can see iCloud drive complete with connected devices (Iphone 4s is one of them). I can also see various App icons such as Contacts, Calendar, Mail etc.

However there is no Photos App visible on the iMac.

When I try to see same on the Iphone, there is no way to access the same iCloud by going to www.Icloud.com.
    Instead I get a Safari page asking me to "setup iCloud on this device", and when I click on it , all I get is a Apple.com page with instructions how to switch it on on the Iphone, which I already did.
    iCloud is enabled on the Iphone, and latest IOS is installed.

How can I access the iCloud server from my phone and how do I upload photos to the iCloud from the phone?

Thanx in advance.

2. petalino thread starter macrumors regular

I am guessing that I should have an APP on my Iphone to access the iCloud Drive, but it is not on my phone or Ipad, which I also have.

Just looked in the App Store, but it is not there to download

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Did you not ever install iPhoto on your iMac? See https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iphoto/id408981381?mt=12

That should solve things as iPhoto will pull photos down from your icloud photo stream.

You can also just plug your phone into your iMac and transfers photos like from any camera.