Confused about iPhone 3GS order.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrismac00, Jun 13, 2009.

1. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

Well I ordered my iPhone 3GS RIGHT AFTER the WWDC Keynote. Then when I was done ordering it said "Delivers by the 24th" even though it said "get it on the 19th". But then I got an e-mail from Apple saying that they messed up and I was going to get it on the 19th. I was happy. Now after hearing that many people have orders that say "prepared for shipping", I decided to look at my order status and it says Ships on the 19th and delivers by the 24th. I'm hoping that they are still messing up because on their website it said on the 19th with free shipping. The status is "not yet shipped" and it says custom configured and im not sure what that means. Help anyone??

Thanks.

2. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

Might want to call 1-800-MY-APPLE and check up on your order. They might can get the shipping changed to be sure you get it on the 19th.

3. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I would call Apple, make sure there change your date to the 19th

4. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

They take forever to answer, but I guess it is worth it :/

5. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I thought they were open 24/7 but i guess i'll call them tomorrow?

6. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I know I had to cancel my first order I was on hold for like a hour :(, but like you said it's worth it.

7. dave006 macrumors 68020

Sounds like you ordered something other than standard shipping on June 8-10.

Apple updated the order system to remove all of the shipping options and just says order now and receive on June 19 with free shipping. I also think there a some people that are going to be very unhappy when they find out that they ordered the normal 3G and not the 3G S in many cases.

The "Custom" configuration just shows the type of order you have from your carrier, just click on the Show hyperlink for the details

For example: With AT&T Rate Plan-Upgrade

Dave

8. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just ordered the standard shipping because it said "free shipping & get it on the 19th"

9. dave006 macrumors 68020

Then your new iPhone 3G S should arrive on Friday, June 19. You should make sure that you have iTunes 8.2 and you are ready to activate when it arrives.

Mine is showing the same status on Apple Site and I expect to be ready to used on Sunday, since it is a Father's day gift. It even has the custom gift message from Apple.

Dave

10. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

I'm in the exact same boat as you, no worries. Mine was ordered just minutes after the keynote. It will get to you by the 19th.