Confused about my refurbished Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nikkidallen, Nov 12, 2010.

1. nikkidallen macrumors newbie

I purchased a refurbished 15" Macbook pro this week and it arrived today. It was advertised as having an anti-glare screen, but I was under the impression that the anti-glare macbook pros did not have the black bezel if they were the anti-glare version.

Am I mistaken?

2. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

MacBook Pros with an anti-glare hi-res display have a silver bezel around the screen, much like the way older MacBook Pros looked prior to the use of the glossy display. If your bezel is shiny and black, you have a glossy display.

3. miata macrumors 6502

4. nikkidallen thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats exactly what this is supposed to have. It was advertised on apple's online store as a hi resolution anti-glare screen. Instead I got the low resolution glossy. Guess its time to call apple.

5. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

Definitely call them, I'm sure they will take care of the situation quickly.

6. nikkidallen thread starter macrumors newbie

What happened is when I ordered it they instead sent me a new stock 15" rather than the refurbished model. They were trying to charge me a restocking fee since it was a new computer and shows in their system as a new computer. I had to be adamant that they were at fault and that this wasn't what I ordered to get them to waive the restocking fee.

Going to have to return this one, and make a new separate transaction for the correct model.