Confused about Screen Color Profiles.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jamin., Mar 10, 2008.

1. jamin. macrumors regular

I just got a new MBP, the color is default, I think it could be better. I am also hooked up to a Wide Screen Dell LCD Screen 20".

I'v read a bit about all this callorbrating stuff but not sure how to do it, I'v seen you can d/l color profiles but I don't know how to apple it to my computer.

Here are my details:

Manufacturer: 000010AC
    Model: 0000D010

So could anyone help me get my MBP Screen and Dell Screen to look heavenly. Step by Step for me the dumb newbie :(

Thanks

Sorry, Its my first day to MACOSX, coming from an XP Nerd to a OSX Noob is proving tough, I don't even know how to enable right click yet:p

So be patient with me.

2. rezonat0r macrumors 6502

Profiles go in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles and will show up in System Preferences | Display | Color.

You have to find a profile that was made from the same screen as yours to be even close. Then there are individual panel and backlight variations. If you want accurate color, and want the colors on the Dell monitor to look the same as on the MBP, buy a hardware profiler.

3. esvee macrumors member

It would make much more sense to download supercal and create your own calibrated profile.

The large reason that laptop lcds come with wonky color profiles is because they can vary so much from manufacturer to manufacturer and model to model. So downloading someone elses profile wont give you the best results.

4. PDE macrumors 68020

the information above is probably for your Dell, not your mac. YOu need to choose ColorLCD from the list of profiles before you click on the open profiles button and scroll down to #13 in the new window that appears. Let's start with that information and then maybe people can help you with the profiles..