Confused about the 2 ID's needed for Apple Upgrade Program

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Superus, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Superus, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015

Superus macrumors member

My License and State ID matches the address on my credit card. However, I'm an authorized user on my mom's account who lives in Miami. My line is on her account. I don't have a utility bill in my name where I live. i do have car insurance in my name does that count? My parents live in Miami do i have to have a utility bill from them? highly confused.

I do have utility bills in my name but they are older than 90 days.

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

You shouldn't need one as long as your credit card billing address and license match.

3. Superus thread starter macrumors member

Yeah they all match. i just hope they don't have an issue with my carrier's billing address being in miami.

Scenario Two:
    Your current address does not appear on your primary ID or does not match what your carrier has on file.

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Shouldn't. You shouldn't have a problem as long as you have the account holder's information along with being an authorized user.

5. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

Your CC billing address has to match the carrier address.

If they don't, you'll need extra ID(s)

6. Superus thread starter macrumors member

I have all their information so i should be all set. i'm hoping for the best since it seems everyone is have issues with getting approved.

7. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Everyone isn't. Some are and that's expected.

8. Superus thread starter macrumors member

All my information is based in chicago. My credit card and ID's. My parents who live in miami pays for this bill. my line is just on there.

9. Superus thread starter macrumors member

All my information is based in chicago. My credit card and ID's. My parents who live in miami pays for this bill. my line is just on there. ahh don't know if i should go now..

10. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

I got 2 AUP the last 2 days. No issues. The rep I worked with didn't have any issues with any of the people getting denied. Most of the issues seem to have been on launch day.

Also, consider the amount of people who have applied for this program all over the world. Majority were likely approved....sometimes reading forums online you see all that were NOT approved but it doesn't account for the likely huge number of people who were because they aren't all here talking about it!

11. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Just make sure that when they fill out the address info for the loan that they use the same address that's on your ID and CC. If they copy over your mom's carrier address then you will get denied. Just watch everything they are filling out on their device and you should be ok.

12. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Its US-only right now but yes, almost everyone I spoke to in line was doing the upgrade program. There's a lot of people doing this.

13. Superus thread starter macrumors member

Just wanted to say i was approved! very easy process!

14. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

HAH my Apple employee didn't even look at my driver's license to see if the address matched (it doesn't). She just had me read off the numbers. So I didn't have to show my utility bill. She also didn't make sure my signature matched. They were completely swamped. It was 6pm when I got there and I didn't get my phone until a little after 8:30pm. Apple sold a crapload of phones this weekend. The whole process went a lot smoother than I thought it would—once I actually made it inside.

15. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Nice!! Hopefully they are working the bugs out, a little late for many though.

16. sumiregusa macrumors regular

sumiregusa

Accurate. My experience with the program was seamless and, while that could be attributed to a multitude of different things (Apple store quality, personal info, CC company guidelines), I feel like the IUP is way more successful than news and reviews have let on.

17. Superus thread starter macrumors member

I didn't need a utility bill. They charged my capitalone mastercard for $122.25 but capitalone immediately refunded the money so i'm guessing it was just and authorization check.

18. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Yep. You'll see the proper charge later today or tomorrow for that first installment with tax.

19. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

Correct