confused about the soon-to-be MacBook Pro's?!?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by klopez, Nov 27, 2009.

1. klopez macrumors newbie

So i am looking into getting a Macbook Pro 15" so i was doing research on it and i keep reading stuff about updates coming in Jan/Feb and something about intel's new"Arrandale". Can someone tell me what it is? i have been trying to go through the forums and the internet but there doesn't seem to be a full answer (don't hurt me if i'm wrong) and does anyone know what other updates there will be?! will they make a big difference in the ones now? Will it be a good idea to wait until they are released? Thanks

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

First, if new MBPs are set to come in Jan/Feb (a statement you have zero facts to back this up with) then they won't have the new Arrandale because that it set to release in Jan/Feb. That said, if you announce a chip in Jan/Feb the likelihood that it will be in a new machine that same month is slim.

Go ahead, wait for a MBP that drops in Jan or Feb ... you know, because you know this to be fact. ;)

3. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

4. CBAviator macrumors 6502

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

The biggest difference will be the switch back to an Intel chipset from the current Nvidia one.

The low end may use a dual core CPU with a built in GPU, and in instances where a 2 major chips are required -- like the MacBook and Mini.

As far as the pro, quad core will be an option on the 17 with a discrect GPU.

---

For machines between the MacBook and the 17 -- no telling.

6. klopez thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you.

7. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Not necessarily, given that Apple undoubtedly has advance versions of the chip and works closely with Intel on design issues.

What is your source for that prediction?

8. BlackiBook macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

It seems that you jumped very quickly into his "facts" being wrong when he clearly stated that he keeps reading about an update coming in Jan/Feb, as in he is reading the predictions of people across the web and not quoting fact.