Confused and a bit worried :S Kernel Panic

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrvang, Jan 24, 2011.

1. mrvang macrumors newbie

Hello all..
    I ordered my 15 inch MBP in mid december, and yeah been pleased with it so far.. I've had two Macbooks before and never have i tried this before, but just now i got this "error" the screen just turned grey and it said i had to reset my computer. anyone knows what it is, is kinda worried if there's something wrong with my 1 month old mac :confused: hope someone have tried it, and have a calming answer for me..

Greetings.

Martin

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

It is a Kernel Panic

Could be caused by several things, but restart and see if it happens again
    Sometimes it is just a hiccup

3. walterwhite macrumors 6502

walterwhite

most KP's have tended to be Software issues... they can be Hardware problems but the quick fixes as said above... restart, if it continues, restart with the DVD that it came with and use Disk Utility... press the Repair Hard Drive button and see if it finds anything. If you still have an issue go into the store where you got it... if its only a month old and it has a serious Hardware issue, they should replace it for you... your bonus since it would up your warranty by a month and you go with a brand new unit. I was a manager/ technician at several stores, they will want to make you happy.

4. mrvang thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay..
    Thanks for the answers everybody, made me a bit more calm :eek:
    ill see what happens in the near future..

best greedings...

5. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo