confused by photo stream:i want to transfer photos mac iPhoto to iPad without itunes

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by madeirabhoy, Jan 13, 2014.

1. madeirabhoy macrumors 6502a

i want to easily transfer some pics to my iPad on a regular basis. i thought using iPhoto would do this.

however the minute i turn on photo stream it populates my iPad with 100s of my oldest pictures, no matter what i have ticked for 'automatic import' and 'automatic upload'. these aren't 30 days old, these are years old, and deleting them from photo stream just means it chooses even more...

when photo stream is off, clicking on any pic, then share, iCloud, it tells me i can't because photo stream is off.

i just want to have an 'event' for pics i want on my iPad, generally good landscape pics, and for them to transfer to my iPad, without using iTunes and a cable if possible

this seams obvious but it doesn't seem to work.

in an ideal world, iPhoto would be like iTunes, i could see previews of all my pics from my iPad and choose which pics i download.

2. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

I think the closest thing to what you want is a Shared Photo Stream. It includes any photos posted to it (up to 5,000). My Photo Stream is more automated, so it doesn't always behave as you would expect.