Confused by the iPhone Upgrade Program

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sir Ruben, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Sir Ruben macrumors 68000

Sir Ruben

Lets say I decided I wanted an X via this method. Would I have to go through this once pre-orders open? If so wouldn't the process (credit check etc) be a little slow resulting in missing the launch stock as opposed to just buying outright?

I had a quick look at the page and it seems you can't set it up in advance?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I have literally never read anything about it.

2. Buz40 macrumors newbie

No. You select option to join program and they do the credit check when you collect from the store.

3. Dmal99 macrumors 6502

Now there is a mail in option and it defaults to that which is release day delivery anyway, and yes, you have to go through the entire thing when you sign up, or , at least, we had to go through both when the iphone 7 pre order came out. Including credit check and agreeing to accept a loan from Citizens One. It doesnt take longer than a regular carrier pre order though so dont worry.

Even if phone X has 1/10th of the demand of phones available its gonna last at least an hour. In my long history of idevice pre orders, even the original watch (which i still have - going cheap!), i dont remember anything running out of every single model in less than 45 mins. Don't get desensitized by these forums, yes there are tons of Apple heads, but, no, getting up at 3am to pre order on a work night or even 12pm isnt something a lot of people are gonna do.

4. Sheboygan macrumors member

Sheboygan

The difference is that if you are already in the program, Apple appears to be letting you get pre-approved several days in advance with Citizens One so the time to complete the transaction when pre-orders open is much shorter-- just a few clicks. It does not work that way for people new to the iPhone Upgrade program-- you have to wait until 12:01 AM pacific time and go through the entire process at that time.

5. Dmal99 macrumors 6502

Yes already being in all i had to do was hit "confirm order" at 3:01 am. It was awesome. But new people don't have to do an extra amount of work compared to anyone else outside the IUP program.

6. michael31986 macrumors 68040

So it will take me longer to enroll in iPhone upgrade program. What if they open preorder like they did with the 8? Will I then be able to just click preorder when it gets released. I don't want to have to fill out tons of paperwork and miss first day release