:confused: Christmas present for my girlfriend

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BrettFarve04, Dec 21, 2008.

1. BrettFarve04 macrumors regular

:confused: I'm trying to figure out what I can for my girlfriend. Money is sooooooo tight I can't afford to buy her something. I wanted to do something "from the heart" kinda thing..but I can't figure anything out..that won't be lame. Anyone have any ideas or input?!?! that would be very much needed!.

Happy Holidays!

2. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

How long have you been together? If it's been a while then make a scrapbook with pictures etc. of things you have done together. Hopefully that will take you less than 3 days to put together!

3. BrettFarve04 thread starter macrumors regular

We've been together for 5 months. I know she bought me a 250 dollar watch ( i know cause i went with her to pick it out)

I don't have that kind of money to get her something nice. I feel bad :(

4. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Take her out to a romantic dinner and a movie. Spend quality time with her.

*A $250 watch? :confused:

5. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

250 :eek:!

A very creative thing can help. Do you really have no money? Because with 25 dollar you could buy a nice pyjama, like I did :).

6. KyPosey macrumors regular

KyPosey

should have set ground rules from the get go. If you knew you didn't have the cash why the heck would you go pick out a $250 watch?

7. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Agreed.

But I also think something creative and from the heart is a lot better than 250$. Think of something that is really her, and not something you like. No sexy lingerie or anything like that! Think back over the last 5 months and has she liked anything? Magazine subscriptions are quite cool, not expensive but she'll remember you every month for a year... even if you break up :p:cool:

8. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

What he said. You're accepting a nice gift. You should offer a nice gift in return. If you can't reciprocate in kind, you shouldn't have gone with her shopping for a big $$$ item for you - or better yet had set a limit on the exchange.

You could detail her car or something along that line if you're that broke.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Why did you go for an expensive gift when you don't have the money to return the favour?

10. BrettFarve04 thread starter macrumors regular

Because she comes from a very very VERY well off family. (she is the commissioner of MLB relative) in fact Bud went with her to pick it out. We were just shopping one day i mentioned that i liked it. I didn't think she'd actually:eek::eek: do it!!

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/10.0.010; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Dick in a box?

12. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

First off do not worry about it. She more than likely knows money is tight for you and will under stand
    2. she should not expect anything as nice in return.

I saying this as some one who comes from the better off side of the tracks my girl friend comes from the less well off side.
    She was always more bother by the fact I almost always payed for stuff and every now and then would just get her really nice things. now some years she would just out spend me but never was bothered.
    This year I got her a iPod Touch for her birthday and a 300-400ish for Christmas. I do not expect her to match those nor would I want her to. I can afford to be able to do that this year because I am out of school for the first time and do have the money. I know she not matching that and I would be frustrated if she did because I know she can not afford it.

Sum it up do not worry about it. Just give a gift from the heart. If you to stay together this will not be the first time she just will out spend you. She can afford it you can not. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT.

13. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

wow this sounds like my bro his gf got him 1200 to some music shop while he got her like $200 worth of **** i wanna see where this goes bahahh

14. liquidtrend macrumors 6502

liquidtrend

haaaa lol.

1) cut a hole in the box
    2) put your dick in that box
    3) have her open the box

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg

15. liquidtrend macrumors 6502

liquidtrend

16. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

make a crap load of burnt dvds bahaha *making burnt movies/ covers and *****

17. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

18. n8236 macrumors 65816

19. gamel macrumors newbie

:confused: Christmas present for my girlfriend

I can't answer the question of the length being the right size. Does she read sheet music? If so, I think it would be very cute! BUT!!!! If she does read sheet music and/or play an instrument, you should ask her , "What clef do you play most of your music in?" For example, if she plays alto saxophone, Treble Clef (the one on the bracelet) is great. However, if she plays viola, it's a different clef. I think it's alto clef, and it look different than the Treble clef. It would show that you really are thinking about her if you get the correct clef for what she plays.

20. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

I don't know if you'd noticed, but it's actually after Christmas now… :rolleyes:

21. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Best. Post. Ever. :D

22. hatehereyes macrumors 6502a

hatehereyes

Agreed.

actually made me laugh haha.

23. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

I also enjoyed the fact that his gift suggestion was for a very specific type of person, i.e. a musician. Nothing like a gift suggestion after Christmas that in all probability couldn't be used in the first place.