Confused concerning 1.1.3 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by iJordo, Feb 8, 2008.

1. iJordo macrumors member

Hey, I am a somewhat computer saavy person...But I had trouble with even the simplest form of Jailbreaking 1.1.3, there was a bundle tutorial based on a youtube video that tells your to add a source in installer and install a HUGE file ...This is supposed to automatically update your ipod to 1.1.3 and jailbreak it if you start with a 1.1.2 jailbroken ipod...
    Long Story...short...sort of...
    It said it installed the firmware and it booted up with no music data available in the "music" app or the "video" app....Preferences told me that it was still 1.1.2, and all of my jailbroken apps were still on the desktop...
    When I opened iTunes... it said my iPod only had 1.4 gigs left and 6.0 were filled with "Other"... Somehow the failure for that to work almost covered or altered the availability to use the media content on my iPod Touch while still taking up space..I ended up luckily being able to restore right to a normal 1.1.3 and have a usable ipod again...but i miss JB features.... did anyone have this problem? I am sort of reluctant to try again because I just bought the Jan Software update because I needed mail so bad...

2. BLUEMINT macrumors newbie