Confused Customer.... :S

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Dan.123, May 27, 2009.

1. Dan.123 macrumors newbie

Hi!

I was just wondering whether anyone could shed some knowledge and enlighten me on my situation I will be experiencing soon.

My situation is the I will be purchasing a :apple: MacBook Pro 15" (the base model) through the Education Store under the "School" section which enables me to gain a £100+ discount as I am a eligible student purchasing for school means.

I have been informed through reading various threads on this forum that when a product is purchased through the education store a 3 year warranty is added to your purchase automatically instead of the standard 1 year warranty.

Does the 3 year warranty apply in my situation when bought through the school section? :confused:
    Does this mean I don't have to buy AppleCare for a extra £200+? :(

I have tried to search through these forums for a answer but have yet to find one specific to my purchase. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough. :p

Any input is welcomed and appreciated alot. :D

Thank you for your time.

Dan.123

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

When I purchased my macbook through the Higer Education store I did not recieve an extended warrenty. It came with the standard 1 year. It might be different now as I did buy it over a year ago.

3. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

It only applies to purchases through the higher education stores rather than school/college version.

4. marold280 macrumors 6502

marold280

5. Dan.123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much Ryan for your insightful knowledge! :) It's a shame that the extra will have to be paid, luckily I'm not paying for it! :D

Thanks to the others for the quick and helpful posts :)

the MacBook Pro will be ordered next Monday :) darn parents thinking exams are more important! ;)

6. Blair230 macrumors regular

Just wanted to add...if you do want to purchase the applecare, you can purchase that through the education store for a discount as well! I did for mine and got a $50 discount (of course that was 4 years ago now...not sure what the current discount is). Good luck with the new mac! :cool::apple:

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Assuming you're in the British Isles, otherwise in North America, there is only one Education Store and it applies to all valid purchases.