Confused here..why so many problems with Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iOrlando, Aug 8, 2008.

1. iOrlando macrumors 68000

I am confused..I thought ipods were easy to use. Why are so many people having so many problems.

YOu have the ipod touch..download the 2.0 or whatever it is for $10...download apps etc... Are people getting these problems doing that? or are they trying all of this crack stuff or whatever you call it where you jailbreak this or that and all of this stuff I have no clue about?

2. seeny macrumors regular

i’ve had my ipod touch 32gb for about 3 weeks, when i first got it 1.1.4 was installed and i had no problems since then i’ve installed 2.0 and 2.0.1 and again no problems, i have no idea why some people are having problems maybe it something to do with what they did to their touch’s before the upgrade?

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

It's a forum... people come here to complain. What you see here doesn't accurately represent the entire user base.

4. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

There is a new variable in play now: 3rd party apps. With so many different developers, and a new OS, the potential for conflicts/errors is magnified considerably.

5. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

I've only had a few 3rd party apps that have given me a some very minor problems. I shut the touch down and restarted it and that took care of those.

1 restore since the 2.0 update, not sure what caused that but after the restore I've had no issues.

I love my Ipod Touch and would buy another in a second if I didn't already own one. I actually like the Touch so much I'm looking for good deals on another.

Eric

6. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

no problems here either. I think some of the issues are with people expecting things that can't be done or are expecting things to work one way when they work another. Also, who knows what some of these people are adding in terms of 3 party apps, jailbreaking, themes and all the other junk that tend to make things less stable.

I had my touch jail broken at one point in time, but I did not get much use out of the things that were available at the time. Plus, things seemed really ratty with the installer and some of the apps.

7. mpshay macrumors 6502

No complaints her also. Had mine for for quite a while (long enough to pay twice to upgrade the firmware) and love it.

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ive had mine since launch day and no issues at all here

im confused

9. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

I have ZERO issues... I have even droppen mine in water(toilet) and on cement grounds. I would say I am pretty fortunate though :eek:

10. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

You visit any forum and there are always complaints about this and that. Some are valid some are rants. This is the purpose of forums.
    With that said, I have not had any problems with mine.

11. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It's not that people are having trouble using them (in other words, it isn't hard to use), it's just that some people are experiencing glitches with the software.

Doubt it. I use my iPod touch exactly how Apple intends; for music, wireless internet, etc. I have never and don't intend on jailbreaking my iPod, and haven't done anything that would have caused the iPod to become unstable before installing 2.0.