Confused...is JB for 4.1 out?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nrwrit3r, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

What is this Shattered thing? According to http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ it can JB 4.1? Or is it in a premature stage?

I just want to know because the second the jb comes out I can get my phone serviced for the home button and get a new phone and jb it.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Only for the iphone 3G so far.
    Shatter hasnt been released yet. Its still at the testing stage.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

No yet buddy, SHAtter is the Exploit thy are using to root the iDevice, What you seen around lately is the bundel with the old pwnage tool that seen to work perfect on iPod Touch 4G. They are testing it right now, however they said that there is another "tool" that is way faster than that pwnage tool, so my guess that "new" tool is what we will see at the end.

I think we are very close to a release, with my guess being sometime by end of the week, maybe the weekend (note, this is purely speculation on my part, just making a wild guess:rolleyes: )

4. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

When its out there won't be any confusion about whether or not its out. It'll be pretty obvious.

5. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

+1

Trust me you wont have to ask lol, just come to this forum and it will be very obvious.

6. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Most definitely! Jailbreakme was my first time jailbreaking and the day it was released and I logged onto MR, you would've had to be blind not to know the jailbreak had been released! For a few days every other thread was about jailbreakme! Trust me, you will know.

7. nora47 macrumors regular

there is an unofficial bundle for pwnagetool for 4.1 jailbreak, i tried this out for my 3g. It runs alot better than 4.0, but doesnt beat lower firmwares. And alot of cydia apps do not work, like bitesms among others. I would wait until an official release for anybody wanting to jailbreak 4.1.

Unlockers: The unofficial bundle for pwnagetool does allow you to keep your baseband at its current to use ultrasn0w to unlock, but there is no way to fix youtube and push notifications so if you rely on those hold off.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I wouldnt advise unofficial hacked versions of pwnagetool.
    Try at your own risk.

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I can't wait to have my iPad jailbroken again, it is driving me crazy :D (totally irrelevant to the thread)

10. pujols617 macrumors member

pujols617

Chronic Dev Team twitter just posted that. So i guess well wait a little longer...

Attached Files:

• jb.png
      jb.png
      File size:
      8.8 KB
      Views:
  11. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Wrong again. If you have an iPod Touch 2G, you can jailbreak 4.1

12. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Since we are on the "iPhone Hacks" section, we are talking about iPhones here. The fact the the same process can JB other iDevices is irrelevant to the thread making his point totally correct and valid. :p

13. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Kids. Let's start playing nice. This thread is taking up all my time. Stay on topic please.

Thanks !!

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Ok bros, lets put an end to it.
    Im sure noone likes to come here and get harassed or aggravated by others.
    Its better to keep it positive and informative and if you got any problems with someone report them to the Mods thats all.

15. shavermcspud macrumors member

Well said, exactly my point