Confused - Mac pro 2014 running two widescreen monitors

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Metiervisual, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Metiervisual macrumors newbie

Now , I've had macs all my life but I'm not a true techie . He's my problem

i have a mac pro 2014 model and i want to run two widescreen monies (LG) and a 4K panasonic Tv connected to the Mac running premiere pro.

all sorts of problems so finally got the two screens running and a picture out of the HDMI at a dismal 30Htz refresh rate to the Panasonic so its jumpy and rubbish really/

I bought an HDMI 1.4 to 2.00 converter an put it in the back of the mac via thunderbolt .. nothing.as i thought this would give me 60Htz

to top all this the Denon surround sound system that receives the HDMI just keeps dropping the picture every 8 seconds or so and as yet I've had no audio out of it .
    Im not expecting an easy answer but surely there is someone out there with an edit suite in the same configuration i want me ... Help and be gentle.

2. orph macrumors 6502a

do the displays support 60htz at 4K?
    have you tried directly plunging in your computer to the displays 1 at a time?
    dose your Denon unit support 4K at 60htz?
    what models are you displays ?

3. Metiervisual thread starter macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Feb 8, 2017 ---
    the displays are fine its the output to the 4k thats the problem . i didnt have a problem with my old sony surround system
    at all in HD. there must be a way of getting 60htz into the panasonic , as i said i bought an adapter as well to bump up to HDMI 2

4. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

I don't think that you can convert (upgrade) HDMI 1.4 (UHD 30Hz) single to a HDMI 2.0 (UHD 60Hz) signal by a simple convertor.

The easiest way to achieve that on nMP (by the way, it's the 2013 model, not 2014) should be via a ACTIVE mini display port to HDMI 2.0 convertor.

5. Synchro3 macrumors 65816

Synchro3

6. Metiervisual thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for that , most interesting ! Im still slightly confused about the difference in the mini dispaly ports and the thunderbolt port , they are the same , correct
    --- Post Merged, Feb 8, 2017 ---
    This is the one i was trying

http://plugable.com/products/mdp-hdmi/

7. Fl0r!an macrumors 6502a

From the plugable product page: