Confused on how music syncing works w/ multiple devices...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dranakin, Aug 12, 2008.

1. dranakin macrumors 6502

If I sync my iTunes music library with both an iPod and iPhone, how does that work? I have specific albums only on my iPod and specific albums only on my iPhone. So far, I've been managing it manually, but it gets a little tedious when I change minor aspects to the songs.

2. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

using an iphone playlist and an ipod playlist is usually easy, and just sync to each playlist, depending onwhich you have uploaded.. My ipod has EVERY song on it that i have, my iphone just has an iphone playlist that it syncs to, so any changes i want, i just make to the playlist.

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Yup, it's all about playlists. I sync everything to my 16GB iPhone and only part of my playlists to my 8GB iPod Nano.

4. dranakin thread starter macrumors 6502

So, I should make one giant playlist with all of the albums I want on my iPhone, and just sync that single playlist? I'll give it a try.

5. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

yep.. thats what we do. My iphone, ipod and my husbands iphone and ipod are all synced from the same itunes.. so we just use giant playlists for everything. Its really easy to do.. better than clicking those freaking littleboxes.

PLUS, i read that playlists are actually compressed, so they take up less room.