Confused on what I need

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Goohfy, May 29, 2011.

1. Goohfy macrumors regular

Goohfy

Hey guys, so I'll be buying a Mac once the b2s sale starts. Ill need a laptop for surfing, word processing, skype, iMovie, and maybe some gaming of some sort. ( maybe... )

Now my question is, what should I be looking at to buy? I know I don't need anything super strong, due to my needs of the laptop, but should I be looking at these C2Ds or waiting until refreshes of the MB and MBA?

Oh, and my budget is probably 900-1000 dollars.

2. ' r i S e n macrumors regular

Well, you can't really get much with 900-1000 in terms of qualifying for the back to school sale. I would just get a refurb. Perfect for you: link It can handle what you want to do and does well for gaming - fits your budget, too.

3. Goohfy thread starter macrumors regular

Goohfy

Ok, I can't buy one right away, as I'm still saving a bit, but I'll look into it, thx.

4. Goohfy, May 29, 2011
    Last edited: May 29, 2011

Goohfy thread starter macrumors regular

Goohfy

Do you think that they may refresh the MB with the b2s sale? I'd definitely grab one.And should I look into eBay?

5. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

In case you are unaware, the back to school promotion only gives you a free iPod. But you have to purchase the iPod and then submit a rebate form, so make sure you account for that in your budget. You still pay full price for the computer minus your education discount, and refurbs do not qualify for an education discount.