Confused should i upgrade or not

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aldo818, Nov 30, 2010.

1. aldo818 macrumors regular

I jailbroke my iphone4 v4.1 with limerain and i m very happy with it.
    After reading to most posts i get confused about this different ways to jailbreak where you need you computer to reboot etc....

Will there be a limerain version like i have now on 4.1
    Cause i wanna upgrade my iphone for the new options to 4.2.1 but there are some apps which i would miss a lot also from cydia.

So the dilema is waiting but will there be an easy way like limerain coming for 4.2.1 or not

PS: i m not interested in unlocking therefore all the baseband etc.... is not a problem.

2. Zermelo macrumors regular

What exactly is your question. You say your concerned about the need to connect to a computer to reboot - i.e. a thethered jailbreak.

Well, that answers your question about upgrading, right now, that is the only way to do it. So if you want to stay unthethered do NOT upgrade to 4.2.1.

As to whether the dev team or geohut will release a point and click, unthethered jailbreak like limera1n, well you should follow their blog. From my understanding comex of the dev team is working on an unthethed jailbreak, not sure if it will be point and click though.

3. aldo818 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes my confusion is about thethered jailbreak and unthethered jailbreak so for the moment i m just waiting till it comes out.

4. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

if it aint broke...etc..

do you really need 4.2.1??

I have a very stable, J'Broken device running 4.01...I'm very happy with it and can't see the need to go to 4.1 or even 4.2.1

so, ask yourself...do you NEED to go to 4.2.1 or are you just one of those people that just has to have the latest all the time? in which case you might be back in a few days saying how you wish you hadn't upgraded and now can't j'b or unlock etc.

5. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

If you have 3G or 3GS with old bootrom, you can update to untethered 4.2.1. If not, it best to wait for untethered JB.

6. Zermelo macrumors regular

He already said in his OP that he has an iPhone 4 on 4.1 firmware.

7. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Then, like i said in 2nd part, he should wait. :D

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I'm curious as to which features in 4.2 you find compelling. Nothing I've seen in the changelogs really piqued my interest.