confused...what does 3.0 update include?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nicolecat, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

I get the feeling that some of the features listed toward the end aren't going to be available in the 3.0 update (but incentive to upgrade to the new model iphone)...am I wrong?

2. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

No, I think you're right. :( Even though I'm pretty sure my 3G would handle many of those functions just fine (voice dialing, video capture, etc)

3. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

The video is something that Apple believes requires the better camera, and I'm sure they have programmed it to only work with the better camera.

They need to differentiate old and new in order to get sales, but you are right, some jailbroken apps provide great video functionality, and Apple could have included this if they had wanted to.

At least we get 99% of the new features, and an identical looking phone. Not bad for a free upgrade.

4. Nicolecat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

What a cop-out!

Everyone knows that the current model could handle video...considering my friend has a current jailbroken one that can do it.

I seriously consider this incentive to jailbreak.

5. Nicolecat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

6. Kevlar macrumors 6502

I was having the same questions so I dug around a little to find it! :)

7. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Basically, the new phone gives you Video, Compass, Voice Control and the faster specs and a bit better battery life.

The rest of the stuff is in 3.0 update for 3G.

My question is two fold:

How will games made for 3Gs run on the iPhone 3G? I am guessing like crap.

But more importantly, how will existing games, like Flight Control for instance, run on a 3GS? Will they speed up with the faster processing?