Confused - what happened to my boot camp?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by GaresTaylan, Dec 13, 2011.

1. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

So tonight I was trying to launch bootcamp when booting up my iMac with Lion on it - but holding down alt when starting up wasn't working like it always has. So I got the idea to just boot using the startup disk option is system preferences. Except when I go in there - it no longer shows up?

I use Parallels, and I can still boot into Windows 7 using Parallels from my boot camp partition... I can even see the partition in disk utility and it appears on my OSX desktop. I repaired permissions and checked the disks... I booted into single user mode and checked the disk there as well - everything was fine.

There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it. No recent updates or anything. Out of nowhere its just not allowing me to use it. Any ideas what has happened or what I can do to fix it? I really don't want to reinstall my bootcamp.

2. GaresTaylan thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

I think the usual advice here is to try resetting various things on your machine. First the PRAM stuff then other things perhaps.

Good luck and make sure you have a comprehensive set of backups!