Confused whilst replacing screen...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jonahtron, Jun 24, 2011.

1. jonahtron macrumors member

Hi i just bought a new screen off ebay, for my early 2008 white macbook...

when it arrived it had an extra circuit board at the bottom (assuming its the inverter)

the model of the screen is LG PHILIPS LP133WX1 which i checked fitted my 13.3 macbook...

the problem is that this extra module seems attatched to the new screen unit, and i dont know how to remove it or if i should, or how exactly i can plug this into the macs inverter board at all!

thanks in advance

[​IMG]

the one on the blue backdrop is obviously my origional screen for comparrison

2. eman macrumors 6502a

I've never seen a LCD with a built in inverter for the older plastic macbook; I'm guessing this LCD belongs to the newer white macbook design. Contact the seller.

3. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

That is not for the newer white Macbook. It's a CCFL backlit 30 pin display.

The newer white Macbook uses LP133WX2-TLG1, LP133WX2-TLG2, LP133WX2-TLG5, LP133WX2-TLG6, and B133EW04. All models that fit into the A1278 model are also compatible.

What you have there is a 30 pin version. Did they give you a 30 to 20 pin adapter?

Did you search for LP133WX1(TL)(A1) or did you just search LP133WX1? The last letter and number do mean something. That seems like a B*.

They can work with a 30 to 20 pin connector, but it's not always stable.