Confused with Apple iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nye, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Nye macrumors newbie

Nye

I really really want the iPhone (who doesn't, right?). Anyway, I live in London and I know that the iPhone costs $499 and $599 BUT does this include any form of contract? Do I have to pay $? a month AND the iPhone on top or is it all inclusive? Because I hate contracts, especially if Apple is offering a 2 year contract!! Thanks, :apple: forever!

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Yes, the $499/$599 is just the phone, you'll have to pay for service on top of that. Plus, you'll need both voice service and data service to use all iPhone's features.

3. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

As far as I know, there will not be an international iPhone for some time. In the United States, it will be $500 or $600 with a 2 year contract and you will have to pay for internet (between $30 and $40 a month) on top of your voice plan.

It is Cingular only for the next 5 years. No other carrier will be allowed to have it.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

1. by end of the year i think it'll be going international.
    2. Cingualr/AT&T contract is US only.

5. AlexApple macrumors newbie

Im UK, Im confused!

Hey, (new to forum)
    Im a little lost on the iPhone internet access plan ... does this mean that you can access the internet from anywhere buy paying a monthly fee or can you access the internet anyway by tapping into a WLAN when available?

My 'Educated Guess' for UK iPhone...
    1) Iphone - UK date - October (found on the internet somewhere think it was news about an Apple store internal Email)
    2) Basic exchange rate price of iPhone 4Gb in £££ is £251 (from 499$) but with good ol' tax and other things i think this will reach about £300 for the UK retail price.
    3) I want Orange to be the provider of the iPhone plans in UK! I heard it's between them and Vodaphone. (will switch if needed! :) )

:apple: Rules!

Alex

6. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

From some of the subject lines of these threads you would thing that there was no such thing as google. :rolleyes:

7. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

i think eh... me things google is teh awesome.