confused with bootcamp??? which windows 7 to get

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Surfing@Blacks, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Surfing@Blacks macrumors regular

Ok, I have been out of the windows game for a very long time. I am wanting to install windows 7 on my new macbook pro. Which version do you guys recommend getting, I am at a lost with all these different versions and with 32 and 64 bit. Going to buy it today!

Thanks

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

There are several different flavors of Windows. I'd get the one that fits your needs best and your wallet too. I'd go for the 64-bit version of your favorite flavor.

3. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Get 64 bit, it will recognize and utilize more memory then 32 bit.

As for the version (home, pro, ultimate).. That depends on your needs and the depth of your pockets. If you have the money, go for ultimate.

4. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

5. TallGuyGT macrumors regular

TallGuyGT

I also went with the OEM version of Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Works great and saves money over boxed versions. SP1 is the latest version of Win7.

6. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I would recommend at least Pro, as it has networking abilities missing in Home (and all else that Home has). Unless you really need the encryption, I wouldn't recommend Ultimate unless the price difference is miniscule.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Windows 7 Professional is a good choice for most people; Ultimate if you don't mind the price or you need another language.

8. satchow macrumors 6502

Get 64 Bit Home Premium. I consider myself a power user and I haven't had a need for any of the features in the more expensive flavors.

9. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

This.

I have Home Premium and I haven't had any issues at all. I don't even know what features I'm missing that the Pro has.

I can network my MBP to my Windows 7 desktop easily, I simply have no problems whatsoever.