Carrier Confused With New AT&T Plans

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by penajmz, Mar 2, 2017.

1. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Can somebody tell me why I shouldn't switch to this plan? I am currently on the grandfathered plan. This looks like I would save a lot of money? What's the catch?

[​IMG]

2. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

3mbps limit and no FAN discounts, if that doesn't matter to you than go ahead and switch over :)

3. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I too just switched. I have up my grandfathered UDP and FAN discount for the Unlimited Plus plan. If you don't do heavy video streaming I would say Choice is a good option. I haven't been able to log into my account through the site since the change though since the site itself is under heavy traffic.

4. avanpelt macrumors 68030

Trying to pull between 12 to 17 GB worth of data (based on your monthly usage) through a 3 Mbps pipe would be a little painful for me, personally. Plus, you're throttled further to 1.5 Mbps if you're streaming video.

5. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Go with Cricket if you want to save money. I read they're dropping the price of their unlimited plan to $55 with auto pay. They're owned by AT&T and you'll get a higher 8mbps limit.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I switched to the family plan on our 4 lines and saved over $130 a month. We, all together were averaging 4-5 gb of data per month and having the unlimited was getting crazy.

7. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

makes sense for OP to be confused, new plans are confusing

Yep, with unlimited choice you get 3gb before throttle,

unlimited plus you're good on speed until 22gb, and 10gb tether included counted against that 22gb bucket

--- Post Merged, Mar 2, 2017 ---
    You're on unlimited choice? or plus?

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Just checked and am 10gb mobile share advantage. $165 per month compared to $305. Sorry not family plan.