Confused with news collecting apps

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Sceneshifter, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Sceneshifter macrumors 6502

Jun 14, 2007
    Hi all,

I'm a new ipad2 owner, never owned an ipad before.

I'm having trouble figuring out which news collection app to use. Basiczlly i tried pulse and flipboard. But it does not seem to give me real time news?

Pulse: does it only show twitter posts with links in it? Most of the things i follow are funny oneliner posters like badbanana and such.. Can i configure that to work?

Flipboard: so pretty! But i have the impression this shows only what it wants to show and when it wants to? My twitter posts do show here, but they are sooooo not p to date! What should I do here?

Also, for flipboard, i like it but is there a way to dhow for example toucharcade abd macrumors in one 'sheet' instead of havong to add two buttons for those?

Also, are the financial times and wsj feeds or rss any good? Does it match at all with what they post in the paper or their website? I have the impression not? I mostly like to read financial news, if you know of a better rss or so to follow, many thanks for that

Thank y ou!
  2. ldobson macrumors regular

Jun 19, 2009
    Lots of people are liking zite in fact I plan to download it later myself!
  3. Sceneshifter thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 14, 2007
    Zite is nice, but I can not have as much control over the content as I'd like. And the big factor, it ONLY works if you have an internet connection. On an airplane the app will not even open. Also it keeps showing me overlapping articles and seems to focus all my content on one subject on the main page instead of a mix of different topics.