Confused with UPS Shipping MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ML321, Aug 24, 2013.

1. ML321, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013

ML321 macrumors newbie

I ordered a BTO mid 2013 13"/i7/8GB/256GB SSD MBA on Aug 20,2013. On Aug 23rd, 2013 that MBA was shipped from Apple and I got a tracking number from UPS. On the 23rd it had left Shanghai and arrived in Alaska today (24th) at around 5pm local Alaska time. I check the tracking number again to see if there is any movement around 11:20 EST today and I see that everything on that tracking number has been erased and it shows on the UPS website that a shipping label has been created and "Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated." What does this mean? This got me very confused and worried that I will not get my MBA. Apple says it will be delivered on Sept 3rd, and before UPS erased by previous tracking info it said that it will arrive Aug 29.

Please if anybody could help me understand this situation.
    P.S. I live in Toronto, Canada and have already got my $100 Mac App Store gift card as I am a student going to college.

----------

Also I went on packagemapping.com and put in my UPS tracking number and it says that its status is a Manifest Pickup which I don't know what it means.:confused:

2. cedwhatev macrumors 6502

cedwhatev

Doesn't sound like anything serious, but if you're unsure, call UPS, or Apple.

3. ItHurtsWhenIP macrumors 6502

I'd wait til Monday and see what it says. If it still doesn't show up, I'd give UPS a call..

4. ML321 thread starter macrumors newbie

Now when I go and try to view the tracking information on UPS it says not available. And under tracking summary it says ">>> Not all tracking information is available at this time. Please try again later.":confused:

5. jadAce macrumors regular

jadAce

Hey, first of all, congratulations on the purchase.

UPS shipment tracking can be a bit bug-prone sometimes. Give it another day or so, and if nothing shows up, go ahead and call UPS first, and then Apple. Apple is pretty good when it comes to customer service, so if it unfortunately turns out that something happened to the shipment, they will very likely send you another one gladly, or do something else about it.

Hope that helps!

6. Andyvarberg macrumors newbie

Chill

There is absolutely nothing to worry about, it is standard practice. I have also got the same page on my new MBA which is on its way to me as we speak.

It leaves the factory and makes its way to a UPS facility. When it gets there a new tracking number is assigned specific to UPS system and all information will be updated. It may take a day or so, but your MBA is not lost and is still making its way to you, probably earlier than you thought. Just relax. I am going to check my order later in the afternoon and I am sure it will be in the system.

7. ML321 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help everybody :D and assuring me that everything is alright or due to system error. If nothing changes until Monday then I will give UPS a call and see what is going on. If it changes back to how it was or I get a updated tracking number than that is fine. Thanks for the support.

8. jadAce macrumors regular

jadAce

There we go. Keep us posted!

9. ML321 thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, I just checked my tracking number again and everything seems to be back in order :D. The delivery times haven't changed or anything the only thing that changed was that it now has a departure scan from Anchorage, AK, United States at 8:20PM (Alaska local time). (Maybe that caused everything in the UPS system to be reset)

Thanks again for everybody's help and support. Really appreciated! :D
    I'm cool now lol:cool:

10. Andyvarberg macrumors newbie

Excellent

Great! I have exactly the same BTO MBA on its way to me due to arrive the 29th too. Really looking forward to getting my hands on it, I also think it is the most optimal spec build too. Enjoy.

11. Mrbobb macrumors 601

This is why sometimes, it's not good to give the customer "too much" information.

12. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

And - The same thing to me tonight. My Air is on it's way from New York, and I have followed it since it left. It's scheduled for delivery Monday. Tonight when I checked, I got the same message you did. Now, it's back to the original tracking information. Must have been a glitch:mad:

Lou

13. jadAce macrumors regular

jadAce

+1

To anyone else having this problem: couldn't have said it better.

14. krazykleo macrumors regular

Nothing to worry about IMO. Mine was shipped via UPS, too, and it got here within two days :) Give it till Tuesday!!

My delivery date was for a week later lol and I received it a week earlier!!!

Have some patience it will arrive! :)

15. sharkman macrumors newbie

I doubt it's anything to be worried about. What confuses me is that everything I have ever ordered from Apple has been shipped via FedEx.