Confusion about Notes syncing - please clarify!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ProPedderKustom, Jun 20, 2009.

1. ProPedderKustom macrumors regular

Ok, so when I initially syncing my iPhone 3G (S) to my Macbook using the cable and iTunes, the notes from Mail on my Macbook synced with my iPhone and the notes from the Notes app on my iPhone synced with my Macbook. I now have the iPhone and Macbook syncing with MobileMe [Notes syncing is enabled]. However, when I create a note in Mail on the Macbook, it does NOT show up in the Notes iPhone app. Rather, it appears in the Notes section of my MobileMe email. How can I fix this?

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

My understanding is that Notes only Sync when connect to iTunes.

Could you explain your "it appears in the Notes section of my MobileMe email." Is that under the InBox? I Don't have a Notes Folder if that is what you mean.

3. ProPedderKustom thread starter macrumors regular

If you had MobileMe it would be easier to explain but yes, it's basically under Inbox in Mail. This is weirdddd

4. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I do have MobileMe but I have not done the Notes Sync because I only want to do OTA Sync. That is probably why I don't see it. Once Apple adds it to MobileMe Preferences (like contacts, calendar and bookmarks) I will start using it. I prefer not docking my iPhone to Sync Notes (or anything else).

However, I did not know that they even stored the Notes in MobileMe. This is actually encouraging since maybe the next step will be to add it to MobileMe Preferences. However, it is confusing that they put it with the mail. I was sure they would have added another tab like contacts and canlendar etc.

5. ProPedderKustom thread starter macrumors regular

I do OTA Note sync through MobileMe - it just appears in the "wrong" place - in iPhone Mail vs. Notes app.

In fact, there IS a Note option for MobileMe syncing in the MobileMe pref pane. Or are we talking about two different things?

6. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I am on Windows and MobileMe Preferences in the Control Panel does not have an options for Notes. But maybe soon.

7. nparmelee macrumors 6502

The notes sync to the Reminders section of iMail. Is that where you are putting your notes on the Mac? Notes will also only sync through iTunes, not through MobileMe.