Congrats to Tiger, Masters 2019 champion

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Solomani, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I watched part of the Masters yesterday afternoon for the first time in years. And even though Tiger had some unfortunate past instances over the years with his infidelity and OWI, yesterday he wasn’t even slated to be able to win being behind, and here he is the champion. Incredible.

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

The best thing about this in my mind is that maybe, maybe people will stop talking about him.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Wow, I didn't think he would ever get back to winning major tournaments.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I found myself rooting for Tiger yesterday, something I have never done before. His play always rubbed me the wrong way with his cocky attitude on the course. I think his persona changed after his near career ending injuries. I never thought I would see the day when he won another major, never mind the Masters. Will he beat Jacks record, too soon to tell. But he had that old charge back, let the others self destruct and be ready for the kill.

6. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

It was very exciting to watch. When he missed a couple fairways near the middle of the round I thought he was going to fade. But he recovered and capitalized on the errors of the other guys. When he got within a couple feet of the hole on 16 he seemed to be "feeling it". I get what you mean about the cocky attitude but I've always thought if you are the best in the world at something you can go ahead and be cocky about it. Michael Jordan, Tiger, etc.

7. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

I think he's just really intently focused on the game while tuning everything else out but it comes across as arrogant of cocky. It was weird to see him smile like that at the end because it's something he so rarely does.

8. trillionaire macrumors regular

trillionaire

That one guy that put $85,000 on Tiger to win and his winnings would have amounted to over $1 million must be smiling all the way to the bank.

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

When he first won in 1997 he was a cocky *******. I think he would even admit to it.

10. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68040

Solomani

His general demeanor is cocky and over-confident.

But when he actually speaks at post-game interviews… he doesn't sound so bad, his attitude (when speaking to sports journalists) is about the same as any other athlete.