Congratulate me it took 25 years to own one

Arcade

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Bronx, NY
Hello,

I wanted to wait to make this post but my excitement is growing a lot since placing my order yesterday.

Back story.

In 1994/1995 I saw an informercial that blew me away so much that I watched it Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 12:00 AM - 4:00 AM called “The martinettis bring home a computer”. That was the first time I saw a Mac & fell in love with it but never bought one because of price and everyone I knew was using windows. Through the years I use to like to watch tv shows like call for help, screen savers... for the windows stuff but also to see the Mac tips.

When I got my first iPhone 4s I decide to move to macs completely. Right after I got iPhone 5, 5s, 6/+, 7 and now 8. The first Apple TV I bought used it for awhile then gave it to my sister when my tv broke then bought a new one after I got a new tv. I had a gen 3 ipad that I used for awhile sold it and recently I got me myself an iPad gen 6 but sold it to finally get my very first Mac computer that I wanted for sooo long.

I bought a 12” MacBook that I know I’m going to love it as much as I love my iPhone 8 or even more. :)

Apple fanboy

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Hello,

I wanted to wait to make this post but my excitement is growing a lot since placing my order yesterday.

Back story.

In 1994/1995 I saw an informercial that blew me away so much that I watched it Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 12:00 AM - 4:00 AM called “The martinettis bring home a computer”. That was the first time I saw a Mac & fell in love with it but never bought one because of price and everyone I knew was using windows. Through the years I use to like to watch tv shows like call for help, screen savers... for the windows stuff but also to see the Mac tips.

When I got my first iPhone 4s I decide to move to macs completely. Right after I got iPhone 5, 5s, 6/+, 7 and now 8. The first Apple TV I bought used it for awhile then gave it to my sister when my tv broke then bought a new one after I got a new tv. I had a gen 3 ipad that I used for awhile sold it and recently I got me myself an iPad gen 6 but sold it to finally get my very first Mac computer that I wanted for sooo long.

I bought a 12” MacBook that I know I’m going to love it as much as I love my iPhone 8 or even more. :)
It’s a slippery slope. One day you buy an iPod, role in a few years and you realise you own (or have) just about every product they sell!

Off to sell my kidneys and lungs online so I can get a new MacPro!

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
It’s a slippery slope. One day you buy an iPod, role in a few years and you realise you own (or have) just about every product they sell!

Off to sell my kidneys and lungs online so I can get a new MacPro!
It drops off the deep end when you get your first PowerMac, after having been using Intel Macs.

I know people who can open up museums while stocking a back room with spare parts.

I myself own 3 PowerMac G5s, a PowerMac G3, an iMac G3, an iMac G5, a 12" PowerBook G4, a 14" iBook G4, two 15" PowerBook G4s, a 17" PowerBook G4 and a 2006 17" MBP (which I count because it's Snow Leopard max).

Reactions: Arcade

decafjava

macrumors 68040
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Hello fellow sheep. Glad to have you fully on board, my story is similar - started with an iPhone 4 in 2011 then every one up until I got my iMac in 2017 then my provider offers Apple TV for their home internet package.

dotzero123

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2018
Philadelphia Suburbs
Hi. My name is xxx and I’ve been concealing and justifying Mac purchases for x years now. The first step is admitting you have a problem. The 2nd step is finding 0 interest financing. Good luck and best wishes with your new toy.

Reactions: chown33 and Arcade