Congratulations your iPhone has been unlocked????

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fuzion11, Apr 22, 2011.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I just recently returned my iPhone 4 to Rogers Wireless and they sent me a refurb unit. I've never seen this message "congratulations your iphone has been unlocked" before....I've restored a lot in the past too.

Does this absolutely mean I just got lucky and they sent me a factory unlocked iPhone? I didn't purchase an unlocked unit on release day back in late July so I'd be super surprised if they actually sent me a factory unlocked unit.

Can someone confirm for sure either way? Is there something in the model number or imei I can check to confirm if this is in fact a factory unlocked model??

Thanks in advance and happy Easter everyone!

2. ani23 macrumors 6502

Congrats. You should be good for the life of the phone.

3. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Either that or someone unlocking out there transposed a couple didgets in their number and got your number by accident.

4. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

WOW so you guys really think that I just got lucky eh? Well I hope that's the case! Just wish I could find out for sure some how...All my friends and fam seem to be on the same network, which is Rogers.

Now way to tell from the serial/imei # eh? Looked online and couldn't find anything 100% for sure, some people say you can, some people say those numbers have no bearing on whether it's unlocked or not.

5. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Do any GSM carriers provide prepaid simcards in Canada? If so just buy one of those and see if it works

6. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Get a Telus prepaid (HSPA iPhone 4 microSIM) card and test that out if you want ($30, ask to waive the activation charge).

Your unlock should be fine though.