conncecting to tv

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jennifergorman, Mar 16, 2011.

1. jennifergorman macrumors newbie

Hello All, I am trying to connect my macbook early 2009 to my tv via S-Video. If the apple cable is not compatible are there others out there that are? Can I connect through my dvd player? Are there cables like the ones that have the three wires with red yellow and a white tip? How will I get sound?

On the back of the DVD player is a green port with Y above it then a blue port with a Pb/Cb above it, next to a red one with Pr/Cr above it. Does this mean anything to you? it has two audio out ports under it with an orange "COAXIAL" digital out also. Help? :)

2. movieboy23 macrumors regular

What you're describing are the component inputs on the DVD player. However, I'm not familiar with any adapter for the MB that output to component video. I know the Apple adapter should be compatible. But if you say it isn't you can try a different way.

How old is your TV? What kind of inputs does it have? Check to see if it has a VGA input. If so, you can just buy a mini-DVI to VGA adapter at any major electronics dealer (Apple Store, Best Buy, etc.) along with a VGA to VGA cable and you'll be good to go.