Connect 360 pissing me off help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by libarak, Nov 30, 2008.

1. libarak macrumors newbie

Ok everyone i have contacted support and they have not replied so i am bringing my problem here. OK well I have a Macbook and a 360 both connected to my wireless internet via a Belkin N router. I want to stream my Itunes library to my 360 but Connect 360 seems to not work for me (I also tried the other one can't recall what it is called right now). My 360 is connected to the router via wirless ethernet made by netgear. I have tried a few things but still no success. Sometimes connect 360 will show that it is connected to my mac but on my 360 none of my media is shown and no computers are found. I have my mac bootcamped so i decided to use windows media player to see if it was because of the wireless thernet. Not it connected instanly with WMP. I like Leopord so much better then xp and vista and i have all my stuff on my mac side of my computer so using the bootcamped xp is not an option i just have that to play some windows games I have. So please help :)

2. libarak thread starter macrumors newbie

come on people i really need help it bothers me to see my friend with his windows comp connecting so easily and have movies and stuff on the 360 when i can't get anything on.

3. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I have both Connect 360 and the PS3 version of the same software, serving up media to the respective game systems. Sometimes there is a bit of flakiness on connections, but restarting the Xbox or the Mac has always solved it.

My only guess is it might be a router setting in your case.

4. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

I dunno man, connect360 works pretty seamlessly for me.

Are you looking in the right place under your xbox? connect360 doesn't show up as a computer under the set up, but go under video library or music and your sources to choose from should be your harddrive or one called connect360.

5. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

6. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

do you have the firewall enabled on your mac?

7. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

You shouldn't have to disable the firewall for connect360 to work.

My 360 has problems connecting to my mac, whether I'm running connect360 or twonky. But my particular 360 sucks a bag of crap, so take that at what its worth.