Connect 360, Xbox NXE dashboard update November 2008

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Wardotron, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Wardotron macrumors member

Hello all!

If, like me, you are sharing your Mac-based media with an Xbox 360 via the Connect360 application, you may have encountered some MP4 or h.264 video playback problems – stuttering, slow access, and so on.

After the usual round robin of restarting the Xbox, the router and the host Mac, playback was still faltering. Bah.

However, after a bit more fiddling about, I have found that the solution is to sign out from Xbox Live (quickly accessible by pressing the big Xbox button) before connecting to the host Mac.

You might also want to rebuild Connect360's video library database (point Connect360 to somewhere else, then back to your Movie folder).

Hopefully this will solve any problems until the next Connect360 update!

2. silvine macrumors member

3. Wardotron thread starter macrumors member

I get the odd stall in playback here and there, plus the dashboard once locked up completely while streaming an MP3. All bugs that will be ironed out in the course of a few updates from Microsoft, no doubt.

4. wong brother macrumors newbie

Is there any way for the xbox to stream AAC files?

I have loaded the AAC update through xbox live.
    It plays all music directly through the usb to my external HD, where my music is stored, but it wont seem to play thru connect 360.

Is there a solution or update for this?

Lemmee know???