"Connect AirPods"

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by eastamherstbias, Sep 13, 2017.

1. eastamherstbias macrumors 6502

Am I missing the right phrase to connect my air pods?

I click the microphone on the remote and say "Connect Air Pods". The Apple TV then goes into the settings pane but does not connect them. So I have to go into audio and bluetooth and hit connect myself. Seems like they are on the right path but did not finish it.

2. eastamherstbias thread starter macrumors 6502

I am the only one who uses his air pods with his Apple TV?

3. waw74 macrumors 68040

i think airpods only pair as a regular bluetooth device until the new OS that comes out tomorrow (sep 19)

the iCloud pairing that works across your iOS devices and macs isn't supported in tvOS 10.

4. xsmett macrumors regular

Well, I use the AirPods a lot for watching movies at night. AirPods are amazing and for me the best product Apple has developed in the last years.

Unfortunately Siri doesn't understand what I mean with AirPods, she always takes me to the "Airport" or to "Apple Pay".:rolleyes:

5. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

"Pair with AirPods"

6. Damstr macrumors 6502

I would like to use my BeatsX with my Apple TV. Didn't even think of doing that till I read the thread title.

7. eastamherstbias thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually I have the GM of the new TVOS. It won't connect them. It just takes me to settings and then fails to connect them.

8. eastamherstbias thread starter macrumors 6502

9. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

I didn’t even know you could pair the AirPods with an Apple TV, that’s great news if watching TV in bed and you don’t want to wake your girlfriend sleeping next to you :) I’ll have to see if I can pair mine :)

10. eastamherstbias thread starter macrumors 6502

I watch tv in silence constantly. It is great. You can pause and play with them. I just want to say "connect AirPods" and be done with it.

11. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

That would be really cool, I’ve just found out that I’ll need to upgrade my Apple TV in order to use my AirPods as they don’t work with the 3rd generation. I was planning on upgrading at some point anyway especially now that they have updated to 4K and HDR content :)