Connect iPad via MacBook Pro with HTC EVO

Discussion in 'iPad' started by olmo47, Oct 23, 2011.

1. olmo47 macrumors newbie

olmo47

Newbie here, I put info-help on Apple Forum, but I haven't got any help, not sure if any one like to help?

So I try you guys, any help is much appreciated.

I like to connect my Ipad 2 via MacBook wifi, can some one please help me with the settings?

I use the HTC EVO3D android to conect to the Web, I dont have Internet other than HTC android, but would like to conect the iPad 2 via macbook pro, can some one be kind to explain the settings?

I have try, I notice that MacBook showing on the iPad but can't conect to internet.

Thank you :apple:

2. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Make HTC Evo a wifi hotspot. Connect iPad to that wifi hotspot. Done.

3. olmo47 thread starter macrumors newbie

olmo47

Not an option, I like to use the MacBook Pro as router so my iPad can connect, the MacBook Pro its showing on my iPad but I get the Massages "Cannot Open Page"
    Safari cannot open this page because is not connected to the internet.

4. Meanee macrumors 6502a

First, you need to make sure you actually subscribe to HotSpot service. Or your phone is rooted.

Then if your phone is rooted, use another app, like WiFI Tether. Free in the market.

If that does not work, go to the settings, select proper phone type, check Routing Fix.

I use my Evo 3D constantly as a hotspot. I would recommend going the Root / WiFi Tether option. It's free, completely unlimited 4G internet.

5. olmo47, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011

olmo47 thread starter macrumors newbie

olmo47

OK, I will describe in detail: I use HTC EVO, to connect to the MacBook, via PdaNet thru the USB cable, and I can get to the internet no problem (I don't have to root my phone) do you fallow so far?

Now I like to use my macbook as a router to connect the iPad, when the laptop is connected to the phone and getting internet?

is it possible?

PS. I had 'HotSpot' I try avoid paid for before I try this other avenue, and if I had 'Hotspot' don't need to use the Macbook as a router.

----------

PS. I had 'HotSpot' I try avoid paid for before I try this other avenue, and if I had 'Hotspot' don't need to use the Macbook as a router.

6. Meanee macrumors 6502a

Ahh I get it. Kind of a long way around. Would be much easier simply to root and use WiFi Tether to give access to both, your MacBook and your iPad. Free and much more convenient.

But as for your situation, a quick google-fu resulted in this: http://www.tuaw.com/2007/03/26/how-to-using-your-mac-as-a-nat-router/

I do not use Macs at all, so it may be outdated info, but it looks legit.

Quick edit to reply to your "PS. I had 'HotSpot' I try avoid paid for before I try this other avenue, and if I had 'Hotspot' don't need to use the Macbook as a router." comment. Root the phone, and it's free. Rooting is free as well.

7. olmo47 thread starter macrumors newbie

olmo47

thanks I try it, doesn't look familiar, I went to that link and read but the pictures aren't the same.

still can't connect, I do have apple care.