Connect MBP to Sony Bravia KDL-46X4500

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by johnterry0101, Dec 31, 2009.

1. johnterry0101 macrumors newbie

Dec 31, 2009
    I have just purchased a Sony Bravia KDL-46X4500. I have connected my MacBook Pro to the TV from the MBP's Mini DisplayPort to HDMI 1 on the back of the TV. I have turned on mirroring and the display is great - but I am getting no sound :(.

I have a 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable. I plugged it into the headphone socket on my MBP. However, I don't know where to plug the other end to play music from the TV speakers rather than the MBP speakers.

Can anyone help me with this problem with the Sony Bravia KDL-46X4500?
  2. Azagar macrumors member

Nov 29, 2008
    San Francisco
    Not sure if I can help but I own the Sony Bravia KDL-32S5100 and for each of my HDMI connections on my TV there is an RCA sound input for them so that is were you want to connect it to assuming yours is similar to mine.

I connected my MBP differently though to my TV thanks to an adapter I purchased from This lets me have the sound output through the HDMI connection so I don't have to worry about extra wiring and so it functions with my surround sound receiver. Here's the link below.

Link to Adapter
  3. CafeLatte macrumors newbie

Dec 31, 2009
    Like what he said. I have same TV as u (just different size) and there is a purely RCA (yellow, white, red) connection also labelled 1. Connect your RCA sound output to these connectors. Red = right channel. And white= left channel.

Hope that helps.