Connect my Imac to my TV....

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sturt007, Jun 7, 2009.

1. sturt007 macrumors newbie

I have a 24" iMac that is about 9 months old and running on version: 10.5.7 OS X.

I have my imac in one room in my house and the TV in the lounge. I have the use of my Apple TV and the apple time machine which is all rigged up in the lounge next to the TV.

I would like to have my imac connected to my TV so that I have on the TV my usual imac screen and can use the same as though i am at my imac. I would like it connected wirelessly. Is there a way that i can use the devices i currently have in place to do this, (apple tv, time machine), or do i need other equipment to do this.

Any help would be great, thanks

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Even assuming you mean a Time Capsule, not Time Machine the answer is no. You also haven't told us what sort of input you have available on your TV.

3. sturt007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, i mean the time capsule and not machine.

My tv has two HDMI connections. Panasonic, flat screen HDTV, 9 months old.

I can not remember any more info at the moment and i am not able to check the back of the tv until tomorrow.

Thanks

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Well, assuming you aren't using one of the HDMI connections some sort of wireless HDMI link is your best bet.

5. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Isn't there some type of Mini-DVI to HDMI adaptor?

Or maybe Mini-DVI to DVI -- then DVI to HDMI or some kind of setup (Assuming the iMac has mini-DVI, which I'm only assuming it does)

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Sure, both exist but the OP specifically asked for a wireless solution to link between rooms.