Connect PC to Mac Mini Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by CyberCrone, Feb 8, 2012.

1. CyberCrone macrumors newbie

CyberCrone

I've succeeded in setting up my Mac Mini (running Lion) so I can access everything on my PC (running Windows 7), but I can't figure out how to access the Mac from my PC. Does anyone know where there are clear and accurate directions for this?

2. boilingpoint macrumors member

How about using the Clixon VCC-400? You can control both Mac and PC as if they were one.

Refer to Clixon web: http://www.clixon.co.kr

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Under File Sharing, make sure that SMB sharing is on. You should then be able to access your mac files from your windows pc.

4. CyberCrone thread starter macrumors newbie

CyberCrone

Good idea, except..

...my PC is in one room and my Mac in another, and necessary cable length would be prohibitive. I'm glad to know about this product, though. Never heard of it before and it might become an option at a later time.

----------

I'm pretty sure I did that, but I'll go back and doublecheck just in case. If I didn't, and it works, I'll be back to say HOORAY. If i don't come back you'll know I didn't get anywhere. Regardless, thanks for suggestion.

5. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

I get both just by adding shares on each. The shared folders show up as network drives. It shouldn't matter if it's WiFi or Cable...