Connect to 2 Wireless Networks for faster speed?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rcanpolat, Jul 1, 2009.

1. rcanpolat macrumors member

rcanpolat

hey yall

wondering if its possible to connect to two wireless networks to combine their connections and get a greater speed. in the 2 offices at work we have 2 separate wireless connections. one for the sales team, one for the support team.

now my mac picks up both of them fine and i can connect. but im wondering can i connect to both networks and get a faster speed?

i have a standard macbook (white one). would i need to buy a secondary wireless device like a usb wireless device and install that and connect to each network with each wireless device?

if yes how would i go about joining them together for combined speed.

if not then can someone fill me in?

or can i connect my standard mac wifi device to 2 networks at the same time?

im a mac n00b - since last august so go easy on me

2. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

Theatrically it should be possible but I have no idea how to connect to two networks simultaneously.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

It's an interesting idea, but a nightmare for the tcp/ip stack. Unless you have some really unusual software, it's not going to happen.

4. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

I've never heard of a computer able to utilize two ip address at the same exact time for the same exact purpose (doing two different things, yes). the best you could prob do is leach off whichever network you want :D (one at a time of course)