Connect to Itunes?MaybeBrick:(

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kysunagi, Jul 20, 2011.

1. kysunagi, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011

kysunagi macrumors newbie

:confused::mad:

I have a new 3gs that while trying to unlock last night I ended up bricking it (only shows the itunes logo and usb).

getting error 1015 when restoring to 4.3.4 and when I try to restore to 4.3.3 I get error 3194.

I was trying to convert the band to the ipad band to unlock it, but I think i upgraded it to 4.3.4 and it bricked me when i tried.

I tried doing this: youtube.com/watch?v=BHrWsBmqUzw

with fixrecovery and zlib1.dll but it doesnt seem to work with 4.3.4.

Any help would be great. I need to get it un-bricked and then i'll worry about unlocking it.

2. mikelegacy, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Plug your phone into iTunes.

Hold down the Sleep and Home button for 10-15 seconds until the phone shuts off, and begins to turn back on. When it turns back on, let go of the sleep button and continue to hold the home button.

iTunes will say, "iTunes has recognized a device in recovery mode, would you like to restore?"

Then restore the phone. There's nothing else you can do. If you back up a lot, then you will be fine. If not, you're gonna lose data, there's nothing else you can do. When the phone has finished restoring, just use the "Setup from Backup" feature instead of the "Setup as a new iPhone" choice.

Wellllll, you COULD try and kick it out of the mode using a program called TinyUmbrella, but it may not work in your case.

Either way, a DFU restore is just easier.

EDIT: Also, if you ended up upgrading the baseband to the iPad one, you're going to have to use a custom firmware to do the restore or you are going to get an error during the restore process. You can find custom IPSW files on google. Just search "iOS 4.3.4 iPad baseband IPSW File" on google and you should get something after some minor searching. This is exactly why people should never upgrade their basebands unless they know what they are doing.....

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You can't go back to 4.3.3 without your blob. If you haven't already saved it then you're stuck on 4.3.4. Problem is, there is no pwnage or snowbreeze for 4.3.4, so you've likely screwed yourself over since you can't create a custom firmware yet. Check the dev team's web site for info on pwnage for 4.3.4.

Don't use the word brick unless you dropped your phone in boiling magma or dropped it off the sears tower. Bricking doesn't apply to software. Only newbies and idiots use brick for software. Don't be one of those people.

4. kysunagi thread starter macrumors newbie

Nothing is working. And i cant find a custom baseband/firmware for 4.3.4 and cant create one since im on a mac. Sorry for using the term BRICK. I just have a dead iphone that says connect to itunes, and not able to restore the darn thing.:mad:

5. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Don't worry. Just use Recboot to kick it out of Recovery mode.

6. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Of course you can create a custom firmware on Macs. It is called Pwnagetool...
    For PC users, it is sn0wbreeze... :)

7. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

They haven't been officially updated to support 4.3.4 yet afaik :)

8. kysunagi thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly! The older versions arent working right now, same with redsnow. Sigh looks like my iphones toast until DevTeam gets something going :(

9. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I wouldn't necessarily count on the dev team releasing pwnage for 4.3.4. Even if they did, pwnage takes a while to release. It's an untethered JB, it preserves the bb and is the only tool for iPad bb phones.
    FYI: you obviously didn't do your homework, because if you had you'd know that pwnage is for macs.
    Why do people get their instruction for an iPad bb upgrade from a YouTube video? Is it that difficult to read through old posts in this sub-forum first?

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

I would say you are stuck till 5.0 comes out those blobs are so important in cases like this. and Knowing how to update your firmware. you simply can't update through Itunes normally because of the Ipad baseband. Sorry fallow Musclenerd (Mac) Dev-Team and IH8Sn0w for (Windows Sn0wbreeze) for news on twitter.