Connect to iTunes problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Love Juice, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Love Juice macrumors regular

This has happened to my gf's backup 3GS that her son uses twice now.

After dying and plugging it in, the connect to iTunes logo is on the screen, and it cannot go past it.

I tried using TinyUmbrella to try to fix recovery, as well as redsn0w recovery fix, but both do not resolve the problem.

The last time I had to go the 4.1 route, and restore then re-jailbreak, and I really don't feel like doing it again, but it looks like I'll have to.

This has never happened on my original iPhone, 3G, 3GS or 4. I doubt it is anything the child is doing since he's only 4 lol. All he does is play games on it.

Any suggestions before I restore (again) or on why the connect to iTunes is happening?

NOTE: IDK how it was originally jb, but when I restored and re-jb last time, I used redsn0w 0.9.9b4 on a mac.

2. Love Juice thread starter macrumors regular

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Do you know if it has old or new bootrom? if it has old bootrom, you can just restore it to 5.0.1 and you can have an untethered jailbreak. You don't need to go back to 4.1.

4. Love Juice thread starter macrumors regular

A untethered jb would not work since the kid just plays it until it dies lol, but I'm sure it has the old bootrom. The highest fw I put on it was 4.3.3 (I think).

I doubt the fw version has anything to do w/ it or the the jb itself, so I'm thinking there may be something wrong w/ the device. I just don't know why it's happening. The only thing on it after the jb is cydia then his games :confused: