Connect to Server - SSH

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by masonuk, Jan 14, 2010.

1. masonuk macrumors newbie

Hello there,

I have, up-to-today, been using MacFusion to map a network drive (Debian). However, it has now stopped working for some reason and I decided that it may be a good idea to follow this tutorial for an alternative method:

http://xiix.wordpress.com/2007/03/28/how-to-mount-a-filesystem-on-your-mac-the-easy-way/

I have followed this page up until the point where I go to Finder > Go > Connect to Server. After this, I do not see any way of creating a ssh connection. Instead there are only some options to choose from e.g. afp, nfs, smb, etc.

Does anyone know how I can finish mapping the drive? If not, does anyone recommend any (preferably free) software?

I am using a RSA public key currently for SSH connection via Terminal.

Thank you for reading my first post. I look forward to hearing from you.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You don't use the "Connect to Server" for SSH connections, you use Terminal. That page doesn't try to either so not sure why you are.

3. masonuk thread starter macrumors newbie

I want to map the network as a virtual drive using SSH. This is possible using MacFusion - I thought it was also possible by using "Connect to Server".
    What are my alternatives then?

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I think I used sshfs (alt) in the past, but it has been a while since I've tried it.

5. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

The easiest way would be to create a script that you can just double click and run (if you don't like messing about with terminal). A quick google will help you find instrux on how to do this...