Connect video into an iPad (physical cable)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sherring, Aug 10, 2012.

1. sherring macrumors newbie

Anyone know a way to have video come directly into the iPad via direct connection? I have a camera I would like to connect via either S-Video, Composit Video, VGA, or possibly USB to my iPad. I haven't seen a connector that did reverse..unless there is an APP that helps with using the video out connector to do video in instead. I know that doing this seems wierd, but I have a specific classroom use for this.

Thanks,
    Sean

2. sherring thread starter macrumors newbie

To clarify: I need it to stream the video live, not transfer files.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

4. AlphaCenturia macrumors newbie

Try this

I have a suggestion, how about invest on a camera known as a GoPro? If you live in the US, its gonna set you back by $299 and its the best sports camera yet. It can record 1080p video with 30-120 fps. I bought it early this year, and its a GoPro Hero 2 <---model. Recently there's an attachment that you buy separately that allow you to stream video from the GoPro to your iDevice seamlessly (like AppleTV AirPlay). However the App that allows the streaming to take place will only be released late August/early September.

Visit Gopro.com for more details

5. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

120 fps in WVGA only:

"120 fps WVGA, 60 fps 720p, 48 fps 960p, 30 fps 1080p Video"

6. AlphaCenturia macrumors newbie

Yes precisely, sorry I didn't document the specs precisely coz I am holding up my eyelids with matchsticks at that time :p. Thanks for adding those.