Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2013
Hi

First post and simple enough question I guess :)

Has anyone been able to connect a wireless Singstar PS3 microphone to a Mac? Is it possible?

I've Googled this of course ... but haven't found anything.

I need a basic mic and have two of these Singstar ones laying around so it would be great to use them.

thanks!
Rich

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
Hi

First post and simple enough question I guess :)

Has anyone been able to connect a wireless Singstar PS3 microphone to a Mac? Is it possible?

I've Googled this of course ... but haven't found anything.

I need a basic mic and have two of these Singstar ones laying around so it would be great to use them.

thanks!
Rich

Does it use bluetooth or a usb receiver? If it's bluetooth it should work, usb probably needs the drivers.

Did you try connecting it? If so what happens?

Richman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2013
Admission time - I'm a bit of a Mac n00b and am still finding my way around OSX.

The mic works fine, I just wasn't selecting it as the input device. Works fine albeit in mono only but I can live with that.

I'm used to the Windows style "new hardware added" type prompt when you plug something into USB. I'm using the wireless receiver that came with the game.

I had to dig around and found it in Apple Icon Top Left > About This Mac > More Info > System Report > Hardware > USB > USB Hub > Wireless mic

Off topic but is there a quicker way of finding new devices added?

Hopefully someone else will find this useful :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.