Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rattleurhead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Hello everyone. My first post!

I bought a 20 iMac, and downloaded connect360 just because I figured it would be cool to hook up. Anyhow, my issue is after my first time connecting to the xbox from the imac i no longer see the xbox in the list of devices in the connect360 settings pane.

Why is this? Perhaps it is important to note that I am ALSO using my iMac as a wireless hub for my xbox. That process took a long time in itself and I messed around with settings in both the xbox and imac for a couple of hours. HOWEVER, I was connected to Xbox Live AND through connect360 at the same time...so it worked at one point.

Please help me out or give me some direction. Also, how does one UNINSTALL a program from OSX (Im a switcher) like you can in ADD/Remover programs in Windows?

Glad to be on an iMac now though regardless...

rattleurhead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Im actually at work right now so I cannot check. But I will as soon as I get home. My Xbox Network settings are set up manually to run through the iMac's wireless connection. I think I have all the firewalls and such off on my iMac. As for my connect360 settings, I have no idea what the settings are.

Sep 22, 2007
Toronto
I actually am having the exact same problem, and have seen the problem occurring sporadically to others around the web. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what makes it work or not work for two different people with (seemingly) identical setups. Mine, in fact, worked once or twice, and recently hasn't worked at all, without a change made to anything. Furthering my frustration is the briefness of the Connect360 FAQ. :(

Any other tips, Maccers?

digital821

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2007
i have been having the same problem with my connect 360. my computer sees the 360 fine. it is authorized and everything. when i go into my media blade on 360 and click pictures or music or whatever and i search for a computer it can not find me. im on a powermac g5. no clue but im pissed because watching videos through my flashdrive is getting annoying, with all the damn converting and everything.

kramer147

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2007
same problems as everyone else

so i have a macbook and i just got the 360 elite. wanting to share my itunes library i downloaded the trial of connect 360, it worked without a hiccup and i bought it. THEN it stopped working two days later. like some others on this topic, i run an ethernet cable to my macbook from my xbox 360 and have it piggy back on my mac's wireless connection (which works great for xbox live and xbox marketplace) but now connect360 wont recognize my xbox nor my xbox my mac. i'm pretty sure i didn't update or install any programs on my mac and the only update my 360 went through was a "required update" to play gears of war the first time i put it in. anyone have any further insights on this? maybe connect360 is only searching for xbox's on the wireless network... but how did it find it when i first bought it?

wouldn't this be a lot easier if my $450 elite had built in wireless like my $250 wii?

Retired
May 16, 2006
The Connect360 website 'Troubleshooting' section claims that it is not possible through Ethernet...I just tried the trial and it doesn't work for me either...

It is crazy that the 360 doesn't come with built in wireless...

kramer147

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2007
fixed it!!!!

ok! so here's what worked for me (while trying to run connect360 on my mac that is also letting the 360 piggyback on its wireless connection)

xbox (ethernet) to mac (wireless) to router (ethernet) to modem

turn off media sharing on the connect360 pane
turn off airport
make sure the 360 is connected to the mac via ethernet and turned on
turn on media sharing in the connect 360 pref pane
then wait for connect360 to discover your xbox
then once it has, turn airport back on

now you have streaming music through ethernet and xbox live through piggybacking

note: let me know if this works for anyone else it may just be an intel mac thing or a macbook thing....

Retired
May 16, 2006
Thanks so much for that guide...you should contact Connect360's makers to get them to put it on their website :)

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
Yeah, I've had similar issues where you have to turn things on in certain orders, hoping they fix it sometime soon...

JHeincker

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
I am having problems getting my iBook g4 to recognize my xbox and my computer to see my xbox. I am going to try the piggybacking method described above, but I don't plan on using that reguarly. I want to be able to use my iBook wirelessly and then stream to my xbox. Right now I have an airport express and the xbox both wired to a linksys router. I dont think that should be a problem. Let me know what you think I could do to get this to work. Thank you.!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.