Connect360 Update and Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by moonzilla, Dec 5, 2007.

1. moonzilla macrumors regular

Hey Guys,

In case you didnt know, Connect360 has updated to v3.2 which includes support for Divx and Xvid. I finally figured it was time to get a license, so I just bought a copy of the software and have run into a slight problem.

Basically my set up is this:

Xbox 360 connected to an airport extreme with a wire.
    External hard drive connected to the airport extreme's USB port.
    MBP connected wirelessly to the AE.

All my video files reside on the external hard drive and I'd like to stream them to the 360. However, none of the files show up when I connect to my mbp through the xbox. other files that are contained in my mac's local movies folder do though. I have tried creating an alias for the external hard drive's video folder in my mac's local movies folder, but the xbox does not display that alias when i browse my computer. any ideas?

2. HashPipeK macrumors newbie

I've got a bunch of movies on my NAS myself, I also made an alias but it didn't show the files inside it. Let me know if you get it to work. :)

3. drummerboy03 macrumors member

My girlfriend wants to stream movies/tv from her external HD to her xbox 360. I am considering this EXACT setup for her situation(airport will be next to the 360 anyways) and want to try it on Friday when I am there. Did you find a solution to make this scenario work??

ALso will her roommates be able to run connect360 on their macs and stream content as long as they mount the external HD from the airport wireless and are running connect360?? This is important since her roommates will want to still use it if she takes her laptop home or to the library.

any help will be greatly appreciated!

4. robert-a-hudson macrumors regular

I can't answer in full, but as far as I am aware, Connect360 does not work with alias's. You can only share 'real' directories.