Connect360

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Variant, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Variant macrumors 6502

Variant

I seem to have a problem with connecting my 360 and MBP. Connect 360 can see the Xbox fine, but the Xbox is unable to see the Mac/Connect360. I think this started when I installed Leopard, but I really have no clue. I don't have Firewall enabled... any help would be much appreciated!

2. PYR0M310N macrumors 6502a

PYR0M310N

are you using a crossover cable, because if it's like the original xbox, when you connect directly into a computer or another xbox, standard ethernet doesn't work.

Alternatively you could connect it through your router

3. Variant thread starter macrumors 6502

Variant

Its connected through a router. XboxLive works fine, its just Connect360 that doesn't work.

4. sas76 macrumors member

Sorry I can't be specific I am sitting at work
    But I think if you go to system setup on the xbox (or something similal) which is in the last tab in the xbox menu . The xbox is looking for your previous mac connection (pre leopard). I think there is a button to disconnect form existing network.

Then you can reconnect. I think they (connect 360) reccomend that you go to music and select your connection from there.

Again sorry I can't be specific. If you have no luck I will go through the exact steps when I get home.

good luck

5. wong brother macrumors newbie

help! unable to connect360 to xbox360/mac & vice versa

can someone please help me with this, its drivin me nuts!

ok so all forums lead to how good connect360 is & what it does, but there are no real tips on how to troubleshoot.

i am unable to see my xbox with connect360

i have installed it, its in the prefpane, loads but does not connect to xbox...

i have a linksys WAG160N wireless router, i have connected the xbox to this via ethernet, & run xbox live with no problems..

i have connected thru ethernet to xbox, & to my mac wirelessly thru airport, i have also tried turning off airport & connecting directly to my laptop thru ethernet via another port....

my xbox, can not detect mac, it fails on pc connections, & the mac can not see the xbox, on connect360...

can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?
    can someone please give me a detailed description of what i need to do, i have tried everything, including messing with ip addresses, & firewalls etc... but no luck, i really want this to work.. HELP!!!

everyone else seems to be able to connect without problems, why cant i?

6. siorai macrumors 6502

Is your router setup with MAC address filtering? That might explain why outward communication is possible, but inward isn't. Ermm.. Wait. That would only be for wireless. Do you have the proper ports open on your router for Connect360? I've got 9334-9336 open as TCP on mine.